Monday, March 24, 2008

Movie...Birthdays & Easter Celebration

Friday I took Madison, Nicholas & Jake to see "Horton Hears A Who" with my friend Karen and her family. It was really cute. I chuckled a few times. The kids sat still the whole time so that says a lot! I told Hayley I would take her just me and her another time because she had part 1 of a soccer tournament in Arlington.

Howard's (dh's) birthday was on Easter this year. My nephew's Dustin and James also share the same birthday. On Saturday I baked Howard a homemade triple layer german chocolate cake and icing from scratch. I'm so proud of myself! It turned out so moist and yummy! When he and Hayley got home from day 2 her soccer tournament we sang Happy Birthday to daddy and he blow out his one pink candle. hehe! That's all we had, I swear.

The Easter Bunny came last night and left the girls a jump rope, some paper with flowers on it and a flower pen and the boys got a frisbee and a gun that shoots disks. They all got jellybeans, a chocolate bunny, and hershey kisses. I was lazy this year and waited until the last minute. the isles were crowded and I didn't want to fight my way though so, I just went over to the cheap toys at Target. LOL!

Sunday we went to grandma and grandpa's to hunt eggs and have dinner. Everyone had a great time! We celebrated my nephew James' birthday too and they accidentally got the trick candles and it got a little smokey. hehe! My nephew Dustin was having his brithday party at Nickelrama at the same time as dh's mom and dad. Hopefully next year the timing will work out a little better. I hated to miss it. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Oh! and grandma had one lonely tulip so I thought I'd get a shot of that. LOL!
















6 comments:

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

It looks like a fun time was had by all! :)

Kristy said...

Looks like a fun weekend.....will you bake me a cake like that..yummmmmy!!!

The kids look so great all dressed up

Helen said...

Looks like a great Easter/birthday weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! Looks like a very happy Easter! And that cake looks (and sounds) delicious!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love your new banner image!

Dawn Endres said...

Thank you Heather.