Monday, November 12, 2007

Surprise 40th Birthday Party

My friends surprised me with a 40th birthday party Saturday night. Karen (My BFF) picked me up to go out to Olive Garden and Jenna (BF #2) met us there, so it was just the three of us. When we were nearly done with dinner, Karen's hubby called and I heard her say that we were almost done and she made up the excuse to me that she had to go to her house and say goodnight to her son Brandon because he was upset that she left. I totally believed it. We walk in and all the lights are off except the one in the living area. I get to the end of the bar and the lights come on and everyone shouts "Surprise". I almost had a heart attack. I was so surprised and they really got me good because I totally believed every word. It doesn't take much to pull something over on me! haha! There were all kinds of "over the hill" decorations with pink and black balloons and streamers. Even in the bathroom! hehe! There was fruit, chips and dips, wine coolers (that my hubby picked up on the way over). He was totally in on it with those two and his brother Stephen watched the kids at our house so he could be there. It was so great. Jenna made a poll on DFW Area Moms a while back to see what everyone's favorite cake was. She was even considering having me make my own cake! hahaha! Karen's sister in-law ended up making it and it was wonderful. *Amaretto Cake". I didn't think you could get drunk off of a cake but, I did get tipsy. Whoo! That cake was wonderful, and so moist! I got some really neat presents. Karen got a Wii for their Christmas and we broke it out and played and listened to music. Karen and Courtney were really getting into the boxing one. hehe! Karen and Jenna took pictures so maybe I will post those later. I love these people so much!!

5 comments:

CNH said...

Happy Birthday Dawn! I didn't realize that all of our birthdays were so close (me, you, and Chris *seebee*)

Krysta said...

Awww! You've got great friends!
Happy belated b-day, girl!

SimmonsFamily99 said...

I love you BIACH!! You are a super bf, love you girl!! love Slutpuppy!

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! But what, no pictures?

Chelsea said...

Awww! How FUN! I hate that I had to miss it but it sounds like you had a great time!