Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve

Well, it's New Year's Eve. The day starts off, I'm trying to sleep in and the kids are yelling and crying for breakfast. Like they can't wait 5 minutes. Sheesh! It's only 9:00! hahaha! So, I get up and make them some frozen pancakes and milk. A little later I'm on Dallas Area Moms and bouncing between that and Eastside Mom's and checking in here to see if any new comments have been made. I know...get a life. hehe! So, then I got bored and decided to take a bath and just as I was about to get out the kids come running and say that someone is at the door. Well crap! I have to find my robe and I have my hair wrapped up in a towel. Lovely. I go to the door and it's the person that I made a meal for because she just had a baby, returning the dish I left at her house a while back. She looked at me and said sorry I came at a bad time and I said no, I shouldn't have been taking a bath in the middle of the afternoon. We said our thank you's and she left. I go to put the stuff up and she had put a thank you note inside with some homemade gourmet stuff. A cider mix and an ambrosia muffin mix. Yum! The hubby came home early from work and we played Jr. scrabble with the kids. It was fun. We made oven fry pork chops, potatoes au-gratin, and corn for dinner and a little later I made the muffins. Really good. They kind of had an orangey flavor to them. The kids are in bed now and the hubby and I are going to watch "The Prestige" from blockbuster in a little while, kiss and say "Happy New Year!" and go to bed. Happy 2008 Everyone!!

1 comment:

SimmonsFamily99 said...

What a great day and evening, Happy New Year!!