Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We went to dh's parents house around 3:00 and ate around 4:00 and watched some football and ate pumpkin pie and double chocolate cake balls for dessert. It was really nice to see and chat with everyone. The kids had fun playing with all of their cousins.

I got up at 3:45 to go Black Friday shopping with a few friends. We met at Walmart at 4:30 and it was crazy! Everything shrink wrapped and when the big horn blew everyone started grabbing things and pushing and I saw boxes flying over head. Crazy, I tell ya! I got a few things. I'm a little claustraphobic. Eeek! It was fun to get up and be with friends though. I just didn't like getting hit in the butt with the shopping carts 500 times. Sheesh! I guess that's to be expected though. hehe!

Saturday I went out with my friend Laurel and saw Four Christmases. It was funny! Later, we went to eat at On The Border and then did a little shopping at Kirklands. I love that store!

Sunday dh put the Christmas lights on the house and in the bushes. We haven't decorated the inside yet. We are waiting for next weekend. I tried out a new recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup and it was pretty good! I've never had it before so, I didn't have anything to compare it to but, not bad!

1 comment:

Helen said...

BF shopping with friends - that rocks!