Monday, January 25, 2010

My Baby's First Sleepover

Jake had his first sleepover on Saturday with a friend from school. I took him to Texas Skatium in Rowlett at 1:30 for the little boy's sister's birthday party and they bounced in the bounce house and skated. The bounce house thing is new to me. It wasn't there the last time I went. Pretty cool! After that they went back to the house and had pizza and played Wii & DS games. They stayed up late. When I called to see what time to pick him up the mom was still asleep at 10:00 a.m. She had the night shift and the dad was up and getting ready to take them around the neighborhood to ride bikes. I said I would pick him up at Noon. When I got there Jake had the saddest look on his face and started tearing up. He was having such a great time that he didn't want to leave. I call this a successful sleepover and I'm glad my boy had fun. I missed him while he was gone and was very happy to get my "baby" back home.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Yay for a successful sleepover!